Tomorrow is the official kick-off date for The Nester‘s 31 Days writing challenge. If you’re unfamiliar, it’s a month-long writing/blogging/link-up fest where participants write about ONE topic every day for the month.
I am taking a break from writing ebooks this month and decided to do the challenge on two blogs… on my other blog I’m sharing 31 Days of reading aloud to my kids. Over here, I’m going to focus on HABITS.
I’m a big fan of habits. But I don’t want to spill all my beans in the lobby. I do have a few posts outlined below, but mostly I’ll be adding to that list as the month progresses.
The nice thing about this challenge is that my readers will offer some outside accountability. I have a list of daily habits that I try to cultivate, but it seems that on any given day, one or more of them gets dropped. No more. At least, not this month when everyone is watching. Ha!
If you geek out on habits, you can even borrow my button if you wish.
And I’m not just going to talk about myself this month, I promise. You’ll also find book recommendations about habits, tips on starting good and breaking bad habits, quotes on habits by successful people, links to some of my favorite blog posts written by others on the subject of habits, and more.
(You know what? Habit is one of those funny words. After saying it a bunch of times, it starts to sound really funny. Habit. Habit. Habit. It even looks weird. No matter. Habits are important. See you this month – I hope you’re in the habit of reading my blog.)
All 31 of the posts will be linked here so if you wish, just come back to this page to read the whole series. Thanks for reading… and if you haven’t done so already, sign up for my monthly(ish) newsletter using the box on the right. I would love for you to stay in touch!
- 31 Days of Habits: Intro
- My Good Habits – in which I share the things I attempt to do daily
- Keystone Habits and Spillover – some habits are better than others because they create a ripple effect, and how to identify these
- Why Habits are So Awesome – why give attention to habits? (And for 31 whole days?)
- The Right – And the Wrong – Time for a Habit – are some habits best pursued at certain times, and how a good habit can go bad
- Why These Habits? (How to pick ’em)
- My Bad Habits (embarrassing!)
- My Best Habit: Waking Early (how arising early makes my other good habits possible)
- How Habits Work (how do habits start in the first place?)
- How to Break Bad Habits – a few tips for success
- Ben Franklin on Habits
- Habits Are Better Than Goals – why habits work better for me than goals
- A Handy-Dandy Habits Flowchart Printables
- Weekend Links, Habits Edition
- Habits Serve Goals – reading The Habit Factor
- My Habits/Goals Epiphany – the intersection of goals and habits
- 4 Habits That Keep Me Sane
- Money Habits – 3 good money habits that can positively impact your finances
- Being Negative is a Bad Habit – how do people perceive you?
- How to Become an Early Riser
- Anthony Trollope on Habits – my writing inspiration and his habits
- Relationship Habits – habits that make or break relationships
- Big, Small, or Micro? – do big sweeping changes, small sustainable or even tiny habits stick best?
- How to Stick To Your Good Habits
- Habits of the Wealthy
- The Journaling Habit – how and why to journal regularly
- Some Beats None: The Power of Small Actions
- Habits that Make Dreams Come True
- Willpower and Habits
- Required Reading on Habits
- Parenting and Habits
- Charlotte Mason on Habits