If you’re new here, welcome! Wondering what this blog is all about?
You’ll find encouragement and strategies for moms to keep things simple, develop good habits and make time for their goals and dreams during the busy parenting years. You could say my goal is to help you simplify the mundane to find for time for the sublime. Let’s put the “her” back into motherhood!
Why is the Eiffel Tower in my logo? For one, because I’m a beginner Francophone and lifelong Francophile. I am so inspired by the way French women approach life, something I write about occasionally here.
But mostly, the Eiffel Tower represents my dream. But enough about me.
What’s your dream? That little image serves to remind you to reach for that, even while raising your kids. My hope is that you’ll get a little closer to whatever it is you’re passionate about by reading this blog.
Some of the most popular posts here:
Best of… Home and Family
- Simple mom – how to keep things simple (and sane) in 7 areas of life
- How do you homeschool multiple children without neglecting anyone’s needs?
- 18 parenting lessons I’ve learned in 18 years of raising kids
- The truth about homeschooling a large family – pulling back the curtain to reveal how you homeschool a brood without it taking over your day
- How to potty train a 2 year old in 2 days – without coercion
- Dirty little secrets about homemade natural cleaners – DIY cleaning recipes might be fun, but do they really save money, and do they work?
- Why I don’t make homemade laundry detergent anymore. Spoiler: because it doesn’t work and it damages your washing machine.
- Josiah Levi (my 27-weeker preemie) – my 7th child’s birth story. He was born via emergent C-section after PPROM (pre-term premature rupture of memberances) at 21 weeks
Best of… Well-being
- Reducing decision fatigue – how to minimize choices for less stress
- How to create a minimalist wardrobe to dress better with less money and fuss
- How to eat like a French woman – enjoy your food and stay slim
- Frugal natural beauty: make the most of what you’ve got
- Beans for pregnancy nausea: how eating legumes can ease morning sickness.
- How to help your Stitch Fix stylist nail it – how to get Fixes that rock your style
- The truth about “low maintenance” – is it code for “I’m not worth it?“
Best of… Your Time
- How Grove.co saves me time and money – a hassle-free save way to buy household items
- What I learned from tracking my time – and why I stopped grumbling about housework!
- What the happiest moms do before breakfast – how to use unwanted hours to pursue your passion
- How I use my Bullet Journal – my brain on paper and how I use one tool to organize my life
Best of… Your Money
- Frugal homeschooling: home educating without breaking the bank (long)
- My biggest money mistakes – what I learned, what I now do differently
- Work at Home Moms and the Feminine Mistake – economic dependence and why to avoid it
- How I got out of debt as a single, divorced mom of four children
- Free: Top 100 Blogging Tips – my best tips for launching a blog, creating great content, growing traffic and earning money
- How moms can use their tax refund to start a home business – interviews and tips
- How to publish an ebook for Amazon Kindle – if you’ve ever wanted to write an ebook for the Amazon marketplace, here’s a step-by-step guide
- Cheap eats – how to drastically reduce food spending without coupons or chasing sales (with recipes)
- A tour of my frugal kitchen – keeping grocery and energy costs down
- The No-Spend Challenge– how to drastically cut spending to save for an important goal
If you want to know more about Carrie personally or to contact me, go here. Thanks again for stopping by! And please keep in touch. Enter your email in the box on the right so join the newsletter.