- I’m making this all natural moisturizing kitchen hand scrub for my mom and sister – doesn’t this recipe smell yummy?
- Speaking of whipping stuff up in the kitchen, these Morning Glory muffins are on the menu. Pront0.
- Doesn’t this slow cooker chicken enchilada soup look amazing? (She had me at slow cooker.) I put this on next week’s menu plan.
- Mr. Money Mustache has some excellent points on the marketing machine that makes us think kids are expensive. (Warning: he likes to use colorful metaphors.)
- Ever watched a cooking show? Don’t you just love how they have all the ingredients measured out in little glass dishes beforehand? I didn’t know there was a name (mise en place) for that, or a reason for it. Now I do. I’ve begun doing it, and I like it. Do you “mise en place”?
- Is choosing to be a stay at home mom risky? via 5MinutesForMom. A controversial topic for sure. I am in the camp of “Hells yeah, it’s risky to be financially dependent.”
- I enjoyed and totally related to PickleBum’s essay on feeding kids healthy: Food Fights! I wrote something similar awhile back about conflicting nutrition advice and confusion.
October 15, 2011