I hope you enjoyed your first day of autumn yesterday (I’ve never understood why we don’t capitalize the seasons. Oh well.). It’s still hitting 90 here during the day so I haven’t needed my cardigans much yet.
A few things I enjoyed from around the internet this week:
- I LOVE this idea of a Fall Capsule Menu – I’m totally stealing this! I love cooking in fall because some of my favorite dishes require turning on the oven (roast chicken, roasted vegetables, roast all the things!), and I just don’t do that in summer when it’s so hot inside the house.
- Fiona Ferris, whose book Thirty Chic Days is wonderful, is giving away a copy on her site. There are still a few days left in the giveaway.
- Reminder: I’m also giving away a book this week here, called Spit That Out!
- If you’re a minimalist homeschooler like myself, you might want to check out these Crash Course science videos for middle and high schoolers.
- I was inspired by this post on Just a Girl and Her Blog about not waiting to decorate a rental. I’ve made this mistake many times. After reading it, I decided to get a new sofa and had my son paint the risers on our stairs. Just because we’re buying a house in a few months doesn’t mean I need to wait to decorate.
A couple of “oldie but goodies” from this here blog you might enjoy:
- Thrift Stores Have Ruined Me (can I get an amen?)
- Fun ways for moms to reuse Altoids tins
- “I have my reasons” – sometimes you gotta pull the mom card (and I need to put this little phrase back into my vocabulary!)
Sitting on a bench in front of the library on a beautiful day while the kids are doing indoor rock climbing with dad. Also, wearing the brand new $5 ballet flats you snagged, the ones with the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe printed on them.
Enjoy your weekend, and don’t forget to flâner just a little bit!